iOS App Update
The iOS updater app is compatible with PilotAware devices running software newer than 20190621.
- Install the PilotAware Firmware Updater App from the iOS App Store.
If you currently have the PilotAware App installed on your iOS device, please re-install the app from the App Store to download the latest version. A fix is being worked on.
- On an iPhone or iPad with Cellular data, connect the device directly to PilotAware.
On a WiFi only iPad, connect the device to your internet router.
- Open the App, making sure to accept any Local Network Connection requests.
Navigate to ‘Update', and tap Step 1 - Download Latest Firmware.
A confirmation message will confirm a successful download.
- Ensure your iOS device is now connected to PilotAware WiFi. This will be confirmed by the Green Antenna logo within the App.
Tap Step 2 - Upload new software to PilotAware.
A confirmation message will confirm a successful upload.
- Finally, Tap Step 3- Restart PilotAware.
This will install the update and restart the PilotAware. This process usually takes 90 seconds.
Please note; After the PilotAware Reboots, your iOS WiFi may change. Please make sure it's re-connected to PilotAware WiFi to continue use.
⚠️ Troubleshooting ⚠️
A small number of iOS users may experience issues with the app's ability to connect with PilotAware, even though the iPad is connected. This is due to a privacy setting introduced in iOS 14/iPadOS 14, that restricted applications' use of local network devices...i.e. PilotAware.
To resolve this setting in iOS 15 please see the following instructions.
iOS Settings -> Privacy - >Local Networks -> Enable PAW Firmware Update.
Once enabled, ensure the iPad Wi-Fi is connected to PilotAware and return to the app.
The app should now see the connected PilotAware.
You can read more about this setting here.