The PilotAware software (“Product”) you are about to install, run and/or use is licensed by PilotAwareLimited, a company registered in England (No 09786359.), whose registered office is 19 John Mcguire Crescent Binley Coventry CV32QG United Kingdom (“PilotAware”), and is subject to the following licence terms (“Licence”).
By proceeding to install, run and/or use the Product, you confirm that you accept and agree to be bound by the terms of this Licence. If you do not agree to any of the terms of this Licence, PilotAware is unwilling to provide access to the Product to you andyou should not proceed further and may not use the Product.
1. Licence To Use The Product.
1.1 Grant of Licence. Subject to the terms of this Licence, PilotAware grants you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, nontransferable, limited licence, without the right to grant sub-licences, to use the Product for your own personal,non-commercial use AS A SECONDARY POSITIONAL AWARENESS AID ONLY subject to the conditions setout below for the term set out below.
1.2 USE RESTRICTIONS. PilotAware is a secondary positional awareness aid, it is not a collision avoidance device. PilotAware contains NO collision avoidance algorithms and will NOT give you any advice on how to avoidtraffic or any advice to other traffic on how to avoid you. As Pilot in Command it is your responsibility to takeall necessary actions to maintain safe flight, including collision avoidance and the safe use of this software.PilotAware software is provided for use using Visual Flight Rules in Visual Meteorological Conditions only and isnot certified to any standard. It is a mandatory pre-requisite to using this PilotAware Software, that you haveread, understand, agree and comply with the latest installation and operating instructions. The latest version of these documents are available at pilotaware.com.
1.3 Data. In using The Product you will receive and transmit data regarding the identity and position of your own andother aircraft. You are granted the right to use this data for the purposes of secondary positional awareness and you grant PilotAware the right to use and transmit your aircraft identity and positional data.
1.4 Restrictions. You may not: (a) use the Product for or on behalf of anyone else (which includes operating any formof facility on behalf of anyone else or operating a software bureau service); (b) license, sub-license, sell, re-sell, transfer, assign,distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party the Product; (c) copy or create derivative works fromthe Product or any part of it, including to produce a similar product; or (d) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer theProduct, except to the extent specifically authorised under applicable law notwithstanding contractual prohibition and provided thatyou first request PilotAware to make available to you interface information needed to achieve interoperability between an independentprogram and the Product. Such request must be submitted to PilotAware in writing and such information, if provided by PilotAware,shall be: (i) used by you solely for the purpose of achieving the required interface interoperability; and (ii) treated by you as ConfidentialInformation (as defined in section 2 below).
1.5 Open Source Software. The Product may contain code, commonly referred to as open source software, which isdistributed under any of the many known variations of open source licence terms, including terms which allow the free distribution andmodification of the relevant software’s source code and/or which require all distributors to make such source code freely availableupon request, including any contributions or modifications made by such distributor (collectively, “Open Source Software”). To the extent that the Product contains any Open Source Software, that element only is licensed to you pursuant to the relevant licence termsof the applicable third party licensor (“Open Source Licence Terms”) and not pursuant to this Licence, and you accept and agree tobe bound by such terms. A copy of the Open Source Licence Terms will be made available upon request.
1.6 TERM This Software is licensed for a period of one year (or such other term as may be agreed by PilotAware) andis renewable by taking out a further subscription at www.pilotaware.com. The Software contains code that will prevent operationbeyond the licensed Term
2. Confidentiality Obligations. You acknowledge that the Product contains confidential, proprietary and trade secretinformation belonging to PilotAware and you agree to hold such information, and any other confidential or proprietary information ofPilotAware (collectively "Confidential Information") in strict confidence and agree not to disclose any Confidential Information to anythird party. You will have no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information which: (a) is or becomes publicly availablewithout breach of this Licence; (b) is rightfully received by you from a third party without an obligation of confidentiality and withoutbreach of this Licence; (c) is required to be disclosed by law or regulation or by court order; or (d) has been approved for release bywritten permission of PilotAware.
3. Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that PilotAware or its third party licensors own all rights, title and interest in and to the Product and all modifications, enhancements and derivative works PilotAware may develop to or from the Product andany and all intellectual property rights in all of the foregoing. You agree not to use any of PilotAware’s trade marks or other businessnames included in the Product for any purpose. You acknowledge that, except as expressly set out in this Licence, nothing in thisLicence willl give you rights in respect of any intellectual property rights owned by PilotAware or its licensors. All intellectual propertyrights and other rights of PilotAware and its licensors which are not expressly granted to you by this Licence are reserved.
4. Limited Warranty. PilotAware warrants that the Product will, under normal operating conditions, operatesubstantially in accordance with PilotAware’ published specification for the Product. PilotAware does not represent or warrant that: (a)the use of the Product will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error-free or compatible in combination with any other hardware,software, system or data; (b) the Product will meet your expectations; (c) errors or defects in the Product will be corrected; or that (d) PilotAware 2 Software License v1.1 Nov 2020 0the Product is free of viruses or other harmful components. PilotAware makes no representation and gives no warranty in respect ofany Open Source Software component of the Product.Except as expressly set out in this Licence, no implied conditions, warranties or other terms, including any implied terms relating tosatisfactory quality or fitness for any purpose, will apply to the Product and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, areexcluded by PilotAware.
5. PilotAware’ Liability. Nothing in this Licence will limit or exclude PilotAware’ liability to you: (a) for death orpersonal injury caused by PilotAware’ negligence; (b) for fraud; (c) for breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale ofGoods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or (d) for any other liability that may not, under applicablelaw, be limited or excluded. Subject to this, in no event will PilotAware be liable to you for any indirect or consequential losses, or forany loss of profit, revenue, contracts, data, goodwill or other similar losses, and any liability PilotAware does have for losses you sufferarising under or in connection with this Licence and/or the Product is strictly limited to losses that were reasonably foreseeable.
6. General. You may not transfer or assign any or all of your rights and/or obligations under this Licence. All noticesgiven by you to PilotAware must be given in writing to PilotAware’ registered office address. If PilotAware fails to enforce any of ourrights, that does not result in a waiver of that right. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, all otherprovisions shall remain unaffected. The terms of this Licence may not be varied except with PilotAware’ express written consent. Theterms of this Licence represent the entire agreement between you and PilotAware in relation to the subject matter of this Licence. Theterms of this Licence shall be governed by English law and you agree that any claim you may have against PilotAware arising under or in connection with this Licence and/or the Product may only be dealt with by the English courts, provided that, if you are a consumer:(a) and you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will governand any claim may be brought by you before the courts there; or (b) you live in another member state of the European Union, anyclaim may be brought by you before the courts there.
Software License v1.1 Nov 2020
We look forward to hearing from you on the phone, via email, at events, on our social media pages and on the PilotAware forum.
We encourage discussion and questions relevant to our electronic conspicuity devices, related accessories, navigation applications, and political discussion. We expect comments to be courteous and follow the general rules of respectful civil discourse. With these expectations in mind, we will exercise our right to end conversations, including removing comments online, that include any of the following:
In addition, we will remove comments or posts with gratuitous links to sites as we consider this spam. We reserve the right to delete excessive wall postings to improve the overall visitor experience. Anyone repeatedly posting material or participating in activity that violates these guidelines will be banned from participating on our social media pages.To protect your privacy, please do not include personal information (e.g. e-mail address, street address, phone number) in the text of your comment or posts to our social media pages.