Connecting to the PilotAware
Power on the PilotAware and navigate to the Wi-Fi page on a mobile device. 30 seconds after power is applied to PilotAware it will emit a WiFi signal. Using a mobile device, connect to PilotAware' WiFi.
RunwayHD can set the traffic options up from one menu, this is the FLARM Settings menu.
- Access to the menu can be made by clicking the options cog on the blue header ⚙️.
- Scroll down the menu and tap on 'FLARM'.
Contained within the 'FLARM Settings' are three menus; 'ADVISORY FEATURE, SELECT DEVICE and CONFIGURE DEVICE'.
For 'ADVISORY FEATURE'
- Toggle 'Enable FLARM'
- Select a vertical traffic display range for the 'Altitude Filter (+/-ft)' We recommend starting this off at a high altitude as this will increase the quantity of on-screen traffic allowing for familiarisation of the traffic augmentation.
- Enable 'Use FLARM for GPS'
- The Status indicator will alert you as to whether RunwayHD is 'Connected' or 'Disconnected'
For 'SELECT DEVICE'
- Toggle 'PilotAware'
For 'CONFIGURE DEVICE'
- Set the 'IP Address' to '192.168.1.1'
- Ensure the 'Port' is set to '2000'
- The 'Passcode' is '6000'